An instructor led, face-to-face course with planned exercises where users can begin to setup their dashboards. Required for access to UBI.
An introduction to UBIincluding: access, navigation, introduction to the data dictionary, and review of the Dashboards available and of interest to the audience (BBA, Actuals, Commitments, Budget). The course will bridge the gap between the Discoverer reports and the UBI dashboards that present similar information. Additionally, it will introduce some basic data governance and data analytics concepts. The course includes a series of hands-on training exercises. This course will be required prior to Production access to the system.
1. Describe why the University is implementing UBI.
2. Describe data stewardship, how it impacts them, and how they contribute.
3. List expected benefits of the UBI implementation for the University and for themselves.
4. Know the steps necessary to get access to UBI.
5. Navigate within UBI.
6. Use the basic tool functionality.
7. Access all of the data in UBI that they currently access in Discoverer (for the available data points).
8. Demonstrate to others how to access data from bookmark instead of distributing “static reports.”
9. Describe some of the functionality available in UBI that extends beyond Discoverer replacement.
10. Find available support resources.
During implementation, this course will be offered as instructor-led, face-to-face and will be 3 hours in duration.
Anyone seeking access to UBI. Initial rollout for summer 2016 is for users of GA data. Future data set phased release plan.
See "Upcoming Training" below, or request a class.